EdD and EdD-EL Research Marathons
Permanent URI for this collection
This collection includes posters and presentations from faculty presented during the EdD/EdD-EL Research Marathon.
- ItemSincerely, My Son and Me: A Narrative Study Proposal on the Factors that Influence the Academic Success of Young Men of Color(Florida Southern College, 2022-03) Bryant, Laurie N.The purpose of this qualitative narrative study is to explore the self-efficacy from earliest recollections through high school or college for three young men of color who have succeeded academically as seen through the eyes and hearts of their mothers.
- ItemThe Effects of Human-Animal Interactions in the Classroom(Florida Southern College, 2022-03) Pritchard, AmyLeeA traditional K-12 classroom in the state of Florida may contain 20-25 students and a single teacher. ESE and ESOL paraprofessionals may arrive in the classroom to work with their individual students. Some classrooms may have a class pet like a fish or a hamster. Though research suggests that classroom pets like insects, reptiles, fish, and small mammals such as hamsters support early childhood development and foster social interactions and social-emotional development (Meadan and Jegatheesan, 2010), many districts have outright banned the usage of pets in the classroom.
- ItemImproving the Quality of Your Research & Why It Matters(2022-03) Hornick, Julie N.Participants in this session will gain a better understanding of the importance of using materials in their work and will learn how to use resources available through Roux Library and online to recognize high impact research.
- ItemAdvanced Research Strategies(2022-03) Hornick, Julie N.You've done some research; now you know what you need to know. Come to this session with your research questions, Roux librarians will bring the answers.
- ItemMake Your Dissertation Available to the Research Community with ProQuest ETD(2022-03) Morgan, MarinaThis session will discuss the steps involved in publishing your dissertation in ProQuest and the Institutional Repository, author agreements, as well as printing and binding options.